23 Jan 2013

New Year, New Gear

I’m back online in 2013. I hope everyone had a great New Year and are excited for the journey ahead. 2012 was a good year for me and I was fortunate enough to achieve some consistent results while continuing to develop and learn as an athlete. There are always adversities which arise, although I hope to carry on the path I set in 2012. I have a rough plan of my season and I am looking forward to continuing to race in the World Triathlon Series and also exposing myself to some other challenges.
Festivities over Christmas and New Years were fairly low key for me as my family live on either the Gold Coast or Brisbane and Josh was off for 2 weeks exploring beautiful New Zealand. Jealous!
After my break I eased back into my training, with gradual increases in the workload each week. Now we are well and truly into some decent volume, with swimming being a big focus of mine for the last 2 weeks. Although even if I apparently I don’t have the most excited look on my face when I walk into the pool for the second time in one day, I am enjoying my training and life at the moment.  Stringing some consistent weeks together is something that I feel positive about.
I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I am now part of the Subaru family, as their latest ambassador! Please head to http://subaru.com.au/active/triathlon/get-know-ashleigh-gentle to read more and have a look around the site while you're there. I absolutely love my brand new white Outback and I feel very privileged to be able to drive around in such an amazing car. No wheels need to be taken off my bike as it fits easily in the back, perfect! Watch this space for some pictures! :)
I am also happy to have signed with Endura Sports Nutrition. I have been using the product for years and it's nice to be now officially part of the team. If you would like, you are able to sign up to the Endura e-news at   www.endura.com.au for helpful nutritional tips. I am currently testing out the new 'Pro Body Bar', high protein, low carb- which might interest lots of you athletes out there!
I hope 2013 has been a good one for everyone so far. Stay in touch throughout the year.
Thank you for reading.

From the Subaru, out to the surf. Run time on the Gold Coast


1 comment:

  1. congrats ash! i am so happy for you! you have deserved this for a long time coming! all the best, and enjoy it all.. i'm sure you will :)

    cdutt

    ReplyDelete