12 Apr 2012

GC Commonwealth Games

On Tuesday the 3rd of April it was exactly 6 years to the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games. We had  a small photo shoot at the Southport Pool and I was Joined by London Olympic swimmers Brenton Rickard and Cameron McAvoy, Olympic Cyclist Sara Carrigan and one of the Commonwealth Games Ambassadors.  I have a new found respect for the sport of diving as we climbed the stairs to take some pictures from the 10m platform in order to capture the amazing Gold Coast backdrop. It definately looks like a big leap down to the water and I'll remember that when I watch that event at the Olympics! 

It's extremely exciting for an athlete like myself to know that I have a major championship in my hometown in 6 years time, I'll be 27years old and hopefully competing in front of my friends and family. I definately didn't think that when I was taking a few extra pictures at Southport park that I would end up on the front page of the Bulletin!

Gold Coast Bulletin

Helping out at the 'Superkidz' race at Mooloolaba Triathlon weekend



Never too much open water practice


I'm flying to Sydney today for the first round of the World Champ Series. For all the Aussies, the race is live on On HD....the women jumping in the bay at 7.36am so tune in. I've also taken a big step in the world of social media and caved into Twitter, follow me if you like https://twitter.com/#!/AshleighGentle   I'm not too boring ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashleigh,

    I'm an age group triathlete and really enjoy your blog and seeing what you're up to. I've seen you race at Geelong and Devonport and think you're getting stronger and stronger! Good luck at Sydney!

    :o) Bron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bron,
      Thankyou for youre comment, I really appreciate the kind words and its nice to know that you are interested in the blog. Theres not too much big news for now but hope theres better things to come. Good luck with your racing :)

      THanks, Ashleigh

      Delete