8 Aug 2013

I've been a bad blogger of late, so below there is two new blogs, one from Kitzbuhel and another from Hamburg.

The team for the London World Championships was announced yesterday and I am pleased to have been named on the Elite team for 2013. Here is a short piece I wrote in response to a few questions for the press release, I thought I would share it here. 



“It is a privilege to be selected to represent Australia at an Elite World Championships and something which I am very proud and honoured to do. We have a rich history and I want to be a part of the new generation to continue the legacy which has been set before us. My first Elite Worlds last year I unfortunately got a flat tyre but continued on after losing significant time to come 26th. Although my Junior Worlds history is a lot brighter with 2 silvers and a gold (07,08,10).  I would love to have a great race In London to give the selectors a convincing reason to consider me for the Commonwealth games.  I will race in Stockholm three weeks before London to get another Olympic distance race done. My early races in the year were coming off a significant period of injury so I have been satisfied to have been improving throughout the year, before hopefully saving my best race to last.”


No comments:

Post a Comment